[T3] fuel tank leak

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jul 3 16:13:17 PDT 2011

On 3 Jul 2011 at 14:35, crash 69 wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Are you saying that if the sock flange is rough, I should install two nylon
> washers, one above and one below it?  Then, use another one "inside" the big
> nut below?  That would be 3 total.

No, just 2 total. One on each side of the sock flange.

While you're at it, inspect the outlet tube and flange. If that
flange is brazed to the tube, make sure the braze is continuous all
the way around. If it's perforated thru, then that could be the leak.
(I've never seen that, but I suppose it's a possibility.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org