[T3] recommeded engine source

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 4 05:21:18 PDT 2011

On 3 Jul 2011 at 20:44, Matthew Russell wrote:

> I recently picked up a 66 squareback, it doesnt have an engine and i
> need to locate one, i have been looking locally for a used one but
> havent had any luck so far. i live in the yakima valley, eastern
> washington, does anyone happen to have a good source for an engine
> they can recommend?

The first thing to do would be to determine whether your 66 is still
a 6 V or has been converted to 12 V. Start by just looking at the
battery. Chances are it's still a 6 V and you're looking for a 6 V
dual carb engine. You can convert a 12 V engine to 6 V, but there
would be a number of hard to find parts that you'd have to swap.

Good luck with your search.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org