[T3] Ground for Fuel Pump Plug

SCS Crewcab scscrewcab at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 12 13:03:34 PDT 2011

My prob wasn't the ground at the fuel pump plug after all. It was the
ground coming from lead 19 from the ECU. At the firewall in the engine
compartment, just to the left of center, there is a single wire
connector that joins 2 single white wires. One of the wires has
continuity with terminal 85 on the fuel pump relay. The other wire is
broken off. I'm pretty sure it should connect to terminal 19 on the ECU
but, I do not see any place on the harness around this connector where
this wire could have broken. It must have broke off just barely inside
the harness. If anybody has a picture online that can point to where, on
the harness, to look, it would help a lot.

When I ground the broken white wire at the firewall, the relay does
energize and I get power to the fuel pump but, the pump doesn't spin.
This car has sat for 3 years with an empty gas tank and the pump was
working when I parked it. I priced a new pump online and, it's a real
bargain at $547.00. I'm hoping the gas that was left it has the pump
mechanism gummed up. Is there a link somewhere online that gives
instructions on cleaning or repairing them?