[T3] Dash Light Bulb

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 15 22:03:25 PDT 2011

> > How does the light bulb in the instrument cluster come
> out?
> > Pull, twist & pull, utter some secret code?
>
> Push, twist CCW 1/4 turn, pull.

It took me more than hour to get the seven bulbs out and I have a blister to show for it. Severe oxidation filled the spaces between the bulb and the holder.

The oxidation is so severe that the phosphoric acid didn't affect it at all. I was able to clean some of them up using the old-school trick of a pencil eraser and while some of them cleaned up nicely, others are just laughing at the eraser.

Any other suggestions?

Jeff '67 Sqbk