[T3] Dave did some work on the notch

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jul 17 18:00:28 PDT 2011

In a message dated 7/17/2011 1:11:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
djsanderson at telus.net writes:

Hi  Bob

It's been a slow time working on the notch but I finally finished  the
roof. As you recall, the original roof was pretty rotten and so  I had
to cut it out and weld in a new section. This was fairly  difficult as
I needed to get the correct curves and so on. Well,  it's done and I
blew on some hi-build. It looks very good and I am  very pleased. I
couldn't help sharing that with  you.

http://www.sandersonmotorsports.com/Notch/Documents/Daves/Roof/index.html

And  I've decided to go back to the original colour rather than the
electric blue. The original colour was L512, velvet green. I think
that it will be nice.

I'm still hoping to make the 2012  invasion.

Cheers.

Dave, the car looks good, damn good. Yes I do recall the roof being shot. I
 also know about the compound curves on it, and those are tricky to get
back in  place.
The velvet green color will look good on it. I almost painted my 71 Notch
Peru green (a slightly darker green) as I was up in the air about which
color to  go with. In the end I went with Nutria, and I've found it's easy to
keep clean.  : )
I do hope you make it to the 2012 Invasion, as I'd like to meet you in
person (pics don't do justice), maybe have a beer together and talk "rusty

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)