[T3] into the transaxle fog...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 18 20:41:34 PDT 2011

On 18 Jul 2011 at 17:05, K O wrote:

> My transaxle got a crack in it. I am looking for a more robust case and different gears. I have no idea of what I am about to do, and I only want to do it once!
> A pretty tall order!
> and as affordable as possible
> Is there a place where VWs with racing gears go to await re-in-car-nation?
> The goal is: Over 100mph -twice at 4000 rpm + [no greater than 5000rpm]

You have very limited options. No one is going to be both cheap and
good. Few places are going to be reliably good. No one cares as much
as you do about your car.

I think once you start talking about "racing gears" the concept of
"affordable" goes out the window.

Where is the crack? Do you know what caused it?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org