[T3] T-3 Wide 5 discs

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 18:44:09 PDT 2011

> Nothing, but they were original to the car. ;^) If I had another radial
165
>  tire, I'd put 4 OE rims on it, and put the spare one back where it
belongs
>  (in the spare tire well). I do have a 5th rim, but it's got a dent on the
> backside, which is probably why Russ picked up the NOS one. He also gave
me
> the  NOS Fulda tire that's mounted on it. : )

Fulda, that's what my '68 came with when new. The dealership told me it was
German Firestone, but I always took that with a grain of salt.  They lasted
well, but once I found radials, I never looked back.

The bias tires that came on my '69 Squareback were "worn out" after 22
thousand miles.  Way too soon, I thought.

When I replaced them with Michelin radials I drove out of the tire shop in
Madison, WI ... went 10 blocks and drove right back to the tire shop & asked
them "Did you switch cars on me?  And what have you done to my car?"  The
Michelins made THAT much difference.  Michelin has had my business on all my
vehicles sine then.  I wish they still made tires for our T3's.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Lake Geneva, WI