[T3] "Boneyard" Search

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jul 23 18:57:23 PDT 2011

On 23 Jul 2011 at 18:36, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> *Monday or Tuesday (7/25-26) I'm going to three auto salvage yards to see
> what VW T3's, if any, they might have in their yards.  My '69 Squareback is
> (possibly) in need of several things.

Let us know if you find anything. Most places in the midwest crushed
cars this old long ago.

> I'm thinking that many rubber parts; electrical "boots", gas tank-to-fender
> rubber, etc. are interchangeable.  Other things; like sheet metal (fenders,
> rockers, etc.) may NOT.
>
> Are there any general guidelines of FIT/DON'T FIT?

That question is really too broad to answer. For body parts, if the
part looks the same, it will probably fit. For mechanical parts there
are lots of variations and you really have to tell us what you're
looking for.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org