[T3] Update with a Bowl Full of Rust Flakes

SCS Crewcab scscrewcab at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 24 11:30:08 PDT 2011

I just can't picture what you're talking about. I think I understand one
end of the passageway running under the cup opens into the void of tank.
Where does the other end open? Into the return tube, into the cup, where
specifically? Also is there a diagram or a discussion on the function of
the passageway in the literature?

I'm new here so, maybe I just don't understand how the tank works in
general. The tank I have has an opening at the very bottom (lowest
point)  of the tank.  To this opening there is a nut with a fuel line
that connects to the suction line of the pump. This is the opening that
has the copper fuel sock filter. There is separate opening at the bottom
of the cup that connects, via a tee, to the return side of pump. This
connection does not have any filter at all.  Due to the law of gravity,
all the gas in the tank (except the small amount remaining in the cup)
would have to empty through that opening. Is this not correct? If the
description is correct, what keeps 3/8 of the gas in the tank from
flowing through that opening when the hidden passageway becomes clogged?