[T3] Huston, we have ignition! (was RE: Some Spark but no Fire (was RE: Updatewith a Bowl Full of Rust Flakes))

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 10:07:05 PDT 2011

Oops!  The VW timing info says to time it dynamically at TDC with the vac
pipe OFF for that earlier FI engine.  Does the pipe off make much
difference?  If the pipe is left on, will that show some advance or does it
come in later on?

I guess it's just coincidence that I have dual vac on both my 71 twin carb
and 72 FI.

Anyway, sticking to the factory method has got to be right.  The last VW
engine I timed statically was on the '59 Beetle, when no-one had a strobe
light anyway!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club