[T3] Houston, we have ignition!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 05:07:14 PDT 2011

In a message dated 7/28/2011 11:36:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

>  Yes, that's right, the T-34 lives. : )

That's great news, Bob, Russ  would be really pleased, as are the rest
of us spectators out here. You've  put in a LOT of work and skill and
we ALL appreciate it! I can't wait to  see it at the next invasion.

;-)

I was thinking that you still  needed a boot for your MC from me. Did
you find something or do you still  need one? Early or late?

Thanks everybody, it's been an interesting project. I too look forward to
driving it to the next Invasion.

: )

Actually I learned a couple of things. 1) I didn't have a late brake pedal
pushrod in my stash (only 2 earlies), so I temporarily stole the 1 out of
the 71  Square-vert (still need 1 to replace it). 2), You can't adjust the
older early  style pushrod out far enough, as there isn't enough stud to do
this (the max  length is 150 mm, with the 2 halfs butted together, and you
need to be at least  150 mm to make the dual circuit master work correctly)
hence the stealing of the  71's part. 3) It pays to make sure you have
everything you need before digging  in (a couple of spare parts will save the day
too IF something goes  wrong (like a stripped out T fitting at the rear- my
fault)), but replacing ALL  of the steel lines was pretty easy, and it made
for a nice job, and helps with  the bleeding process. Yes, I went with Dot 5
brake fluid too. ;^)

The wide 5 kit came with a new boot, so I used it. It was real nice and
soft. Don't know how long it'll survive (it's Chinese), but it's done. I did
put  the weep hole on the bottom at installation. Thanks for asking.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)