[T3] bleeding brakes question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jul 31 21:45:50 PDT 2011

On 31 Jul 2011 at 16:22, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> On a dual circuit MC, it wouldn't matter if you bled your brakes by starting
> in the front vs rear, or vice versa, correct?  I have sometimes heard of
> starting at a particular wheel and going in some specific order.  But seems
> to me the circuits are independent and it wouldn't matter.

I've wondered about this for years, but never come to a sound
conclusion. The only thing I think helps is to do the RR before the
LR. If I really thought hard about it, I would probably do

RR
LR
LF
RF

But it really doesn't seem to matter if you're willing to go around a
second time. And if you do it by gravity and just let it take its own
time, it doesn't seem to matter at all. Almost any pattern works as
long as you don't let the reservoir go dry and suck air into the MC.
If you do that, you get to start all over again.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org