[T3] Rubber Adhesive

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:48:56 PDT 2011

*Has anyone found any adhesive/"glue" that works well "mending" small
rips/tears in rubber parts?

Specifically, (1969 Squareback T3)
My many-years-old, rubber boot that fits around the Fuel Filler tube and the
fender body recess, under the Gas Filler Door has been s-l-o-w-l-y
deteriortating.  The (also aged) spare the has some rips and tears in it,
needs "mending".  Although, it's in better condition than the other one,
it's still in need of fixing.

Any ideas for an adhesive?  Or who sells "adequate" replacements?  Seems
like anything that's out there is inferior to the OEM stuff.

How long are we T3-er's going to be able to keep our cars "roadworthy"?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Lake Geneva, WI
*