[T3] "Boneyard" Search

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 16:36:34 PDT 2011

*Monday or Tuesday (7/25-26) I'm going to three auto salvage yards to see
what VW T3's, if any, they might have in their yards.  My '69 Squareback is
(possibly) in need of several things.

Understandably, IF I find ANY 1969 Squareback's, Fasty's, or Notch's, (the
ones that avoided the "crusher") MOST (but not all) parts are
interchangeable.

But, what years of  VW T3's DO NOT translate to being "direct fit parts"?

I'm thinking that many rubber parts; electrical "boots", gas tank-to-fender
rubber, etc. are interchangeable.  Other things; like sheet metal (fenders,
rockers, etc.) may NOT.

Are there any general guidelines of FIT/DON'T FIT?

I envy all you guy's that have years of experience "knowing" every nut, bolt
and screw for our

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Lake Geneva, WI
*