[T3] water in heater opening

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 14:47:13 PST 2011

Probably from the rear inner fender - via the inner rocker.  Water gets in
through the engine air intake vents, goes through the cracks in the perished
foam filler on the rear inner fender spot welds, tracks behind the
underseal, rusting as it goes, then rots out the end of the inner rocker and
appears at the front.  Look for bulges in the underseal in the rear wheel
well - that will be the rust underneath.

It may be aggravated by parking it nose down.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club