[T3] water problems

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Mar 5 07:35:51 PST 2011

On 5 Mar 2011 at 13:09, alluringeyewear at comcast.net wrote:

> Hello all! The water comes in after the car has been sitting
> overnight.  I'm assuming that this would lead more towards the drain
> hoses being clogged or bad door seals.

In spite of what many people will tell you, it's almost never the
door seals. If you only see it in the heater outlets, then it's most
likely leaking around the windshield seal, creeping around the bottom
corner of the windshields, dripping down the vertical heat duct
there, and appearing at the bottom.

If you find that your carpet is also soaked near the center of the
front seat floor, then suspect the water drain tubes. There's no harm
in clearing those tubes anyway, because they  need periodic attention
anyway.

If you can hear water sloshing around in the bottom of the doors,
they you need to clear those drains.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org