[T3] Battery Type- 063?

Mark Seaton markse at mo-sys.com
Sat Mar 5 12:03:07 PST 2011

Thanks Mike, Jim and Keith,
I'm wondering if this group 42 is a US standard? I forgot to mention I'm
in the UK. I'm not sure what "standard" 063 is but if you google it you
come up with lots of batteries (eg
http://www.caraccessoriesandparts.co.uk/varta-blue-dynamic/787-varta-b18-063-blue-dynamic-car-battery.html?keyword=063).
It may be a DIN standard?
The dimensions of an 063 are 207mm x 175mm x 175mm. I managed to find
the dimensions of a group 42 battery as 243 x 173 x 173mm
(http://www.rtpnet.org/~teaa/bcigroup.html) so its a fair bit longer,
but similar width and height.
But I can't find a UK seller with group 42 batteries. Any idea what the
european equivalent would be?

Thanks again,
Mark