[T3] exhaust tester

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Mar 6 10:49:19 PST 2011

I have the sensor on the top RHS of the stock T3 muffler, where Im told it
is best in a stock application. CHT has never been a problem, even with the
T4 motor the heads ran really cool, it's the oil that heats up although with
the stock motor that's not a real problem till I get out in the desert.

Keith

I run the OTT from ISP west and the sensor is in the collector just
before the muffler joint.

Where is the sensor located on yours? if it's further downstream then
you should have leaner readings with air coming in to the exhaust
chamber at cruise.
Your plugs will tell you as well if things are on the right track.

The trouble with being on the slightly rich side is the increased
cylinder head temp.