[T3] no start issues...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Mar 11 19:57:40 PST 2011

On 11 Mar 2011 at 11:58, Frank Meek wrote:

> Of course, the charging system must also work, as stated earlier.
> This, incidentally, is the reason that Porsche batteries are in the front,
> under the spare, nearer the ignition switch...

I was with you up to this point, Frank, but I always heard that
Porsche put the batteries up front to help the weight distribution.
Unless they used a relay, like you suggest, moving the batteries up
front doesn't make much difference in the length of solenoid wire,
makes a large increase in the length of main starter current wire,
and no difference at all in the load on the ignition switch.

Did Porsche use a relay to take the load off the ignition sw?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org