[T3] Fuel Mixture

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 23:42:10 PDT 2011

> From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:50:00 -0500
> Subject: Re: [T3] Fuel Mixture
>
> On 14 Mar 2011 at 14:33, Adriel Rowley wrote:
>
> > When romping the throttle, fuel mixture goes from 13.8 to as high as
> > 14.5. Do not know how accurate the latter figure is, but figure the
> > fuel mixture should get richer right?
>
> WIthout load, just standing still, you won't see much change. So that
> sounds pretty normal, but that's just my guess. Keith's sensor is
> mounted so that he can see the results at any time, while driving, so
> you probably won't be able to duplicate his numbers.

Well there is still a spike in vacuum pressure right?  How would load
have any affect?

> > I decided to go on Bob's advice and check the fuel output as per the
> > posting below. All I have is an eight ounce bottle, which took about
> > 15 seconds to fill (no watch). This is from the right side as to
> > account for some loss due to the system. So seems that it is getting
> > enough fuel. T.P.S. is properly adjusted, along with the basics.
>
> That's plenty.

Check.

> > Oh and does pee yellow fuel mean anything?
>
> It probably just means that you have a gas leak that's picking up
> some dirt/oil on its way to the ground.

As a conversationalist I would not let it go to the ground.  It was strait
from the hose to the bottle, then poured back into the tank.  Fuel is over
a year old, so just wondered.  I was told in the past if it does not smell
sour it is good, but never hurts to ask. ;)

Thank you,
Adriel