[T3] Gauges

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 20:15:07 PDT 2011

In a message dated 3/15/2011 8:01:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

How  about this:

Install GAUGES to MONITOR the head and oil temps so you  know if the
engine is hot or not. WOW that makes sense! Don't cheap out and  build
an engine that you can't afford to monitor.
**
*So .... If I  wanted to put in a "bank" of gauges, what you  suggest?
*

- *Cylinder Head  Temperature*
- *Oil Temperature -- measured  where?*
- *Others?  (I tend to want a lot of  information)*

*Anyone else wish to "chime  in"?

Frito

How about using very good parts, carefully assembling the engine, using
proper break in procedures, and just drive it. VW didn't bother with gauges,
as  it felt they weren't needed. I'd rather be cruising along on the highway
not  knowing any of those temps, than have a stiff neck from NOT watching
the road to  see them. Or slowing down, because the engine had a temp spike,
and making the  group you're with wonder what just happened as they flew by
you and kept  going. ;^) I do know that by the time the idiot lights come on,
it's  usually too late. But I've never really had that type of issue happen
since I  started running good fuel.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)