[T3] Russ Wolfe

David Sanderson djsanderson at telus.net
Fri Mar 18 16:12:25 PDT 2011

Greetings T3 people

I've not made it to any of the invasions but I have a mailbox full of
comments and answers to my questions from Russ. So while I have not
met him in person, I have a sense of his commitment to this community,
to the VW brand, and to all of us who one day appeared on the type 3
sites looking for answers and support. He didn't know who I was or
whether we shared any values, perhaps other than being involved in a
community and that seemed to be the important piece. I find it
interesting that Russ was able to make the transition to the digital
age without any sort of struggle. I can only imagine what it was like
to arrive at his VW shop and have him fix something as quickly as he
appeared to fix the jet in John's engine on the side of the road. We
all pass through this life and those of us still here are left with
memories, and mailboxes full of comments, stories and advice -
treasures to be sure. Indeed, as per Russ' advice, I have never thrown
a type 3 part away so have boxes of things in the garage. Like you, I
offer my condolences to his family and that I will continue, as Russ
did, to share with my communities what I've learned along the way.

Dave Sanderson