[T3] Gauges

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 16:19:41 PDT 2011

Ahh, but BOTH of us took out an exhaust seat in the desert, I was running
hotter than I felt comfortable but would have had no idea of that without
the gauges.  My engine had a lot more miles on it than Jim's at the time, so
I was being conservative with a LONG way to drive home.  Jim is right about
quality parts and assembly, the parts are getting harder and harder to get
but at least if you learn and build it yourself you can keep that quality
up.

Keith

Finally, if Keith has trouble following me, we should all keep in
mind that there's very little special about my engine and I have no
aftermarket instruments. I DO have full flow oil filters, ported
heads, shimmed valve springs, and counterweighted cranks. I don't
think any of those things have any significant effect on head temp or
oil pressure, but they do affect long term wear.