[T3] Russ Wolfe

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 16:48:09 PDT 2011

Ya know, that was one of the things that defined Russ.  When he came out
To gather his 69 Fastback and stayed with me for the night we had dinner at
the local Outback and I had asked him what he thought the problem might be
with my Golf not going into second gear nicely.

His answer was so simple "something must not be lining up in there"

I suddenly realized that I had been way overthinking all of this expecting
an answer that involved words such as "thrust ring" or "Synchro" etc. and
after his simple take on the matter I looked over things again in a
different mindset and found that several pieces of the plastic linkage were
worn out. He was right, things weren't lining up, the linkage was shot!

Good 'Ol Russ!

Keith

I always loved how simple Russ made the solution to a problem seem.  His
answers to my long-winded questions were often just one sentence; short and
to the point, making me kind of laugh at myself.  I liked that about him.

I'll miss those answers as well as the stories he had like installing AC
units after hours at the dealer, 2 cars per night, for some sweet cash back
in the day.

I know what he meant to this group and I'm so very sad to hear of his
passing.

My condolences to his family....

 - Bryon