[T3] I think of Russ every time...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 20:30:20 PDT 2011

In a message dated 3/18/2011 2:14:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gregm at vwtype3.org writes:

I think  of Russ every time I think about my fanfare horns and rear
speaker on my  '69 Beetle.  Russ helped me with installation questions
for these  accessories -- after all, he installed these at the
dealership when they  were brand  new!

http://zoomzoom.nannynannybooboo.com/fanfare/fanfare-Pages/Image23.html
http://zoomzoom.nannynannybooboo.com/rearspeaker/rearspeaker-Pages/Image1.ht
ml

It's  pretty cool that I can say that I installed the under-dash
switches just  where they were installed ~40 years ago when these cars
was new, 'cuz Russ  told me where to put 'em. :)

Well, everytime I walk out into the shop and see "Wolfie", I think of Russ.
 I got that car from him, and he rebuilt that OE engine (probably the last
t-3  engine he did) for it. I was kind of hoping to let him take it for a
drive when  I got it put back together for the 2012 Invasion. :( I still want
to finish the  car for the Invasion though. After talking with Marilyn, she
told me he hadn't  seen the pics of the car painted, but she did tell him it
was. According to her,  it put a smile on his face. : )

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)