[T3] Octane

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 13:08:51 PDT 2011

*Thanks guys ... for the tutorials on 87, 89, 91 (or higher) octane fuel.  I
guess I'll just stick to 91.

 I drove a 1950 Jaguar XK120 Roadster for 3 of the 4 years while in the
Navy.  Anything except Sunoco Hi-Octane or marine "white" gas, would make
that engine "ping".  That was 102 super-octane.

As little as I drive the T3 (good weather, dry roads, summers in Wisconsin,
only) a few pennies extra for 91 doesn't affect the quantity (it's only a
10.6 gallon fuel tank) that I consume or my net worth.  :-)

Frito - '69 T3 Variant, MT, FI
Lake Geneva, WI
Rockport, TX

In checking my (original) Owner's Manual it says 90 octane.  The Bentley
book doesn't seem to mention (preferred) octane requirements.
*