[T3] Fwd: bucking / hesitation

alluringeyewear at comcast.net alluringeyewear at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 16:11:00 PDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: alluringeyewear at comcast.net
To: "type3 " <type3 @vwtype3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:47:58 PM
Subject: re: bucking / hesitation

Hey all!  The other day I went to a local restaurant about 5 miles from home, car running well. After dining, left to return home and when the car started it had a noticeable skip and  now does not want to take the gas.  It starts right up but bucks and hesitates when trying to go.  If you stay giving it the gas she runs but poorly.  I removed the plugs and they all looked good.   Cleaned and regapped them.  Checked all the wires for spark, ckecked points, injectors, cap, all look good.  Changed fuel filter as well even though not dirty.  Tried some fuel injection cleaner but spray is equal and full on all injectors.  Full tank of fresh gas as well. Any guesses as to why she will not run properly.  Just came on instantly, no warning.  Thanks! Doug '73 FI Fastback