[T3] VW Transparent Factory

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Mar 30 13:56:38 PDT 2011

On 30 Mar 2011 at 11:50, Phil Hof wrote:

> I think there was only one year when the gas flap used a finger to open,
> rather than a cable from inside.  Not sure of the year, though.  1968 maybe?

Not very sure of yourself, but correct nevertheless.  ;-)

Yes, '68 was the first year for the outside gas filler flap, and only that year
got the finger notch to open the flap. That was true on both Type 1s and Type
3s.

I've checked around a bit and it seems clear that I was wrong about the
headlights. '67 was indeed the first year for the unshrouded beetle headlights.

Sorry for my mistake.

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org