[T3] VW Transparent Factory

James Lingenfelter jimmyandcher at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 21:12:35 PDT 2011

   Could it be a "Frankenbug"? I went back and looked at the video
again. A couple of things are confusing to me: it has no VW emblem on
the hood (in front of the windshield), which would indicate it was
later than '68. I don't remember when the emblem was dropped, but my
friend's '70 has it, but it was definitely gone by '73. However, it
has the smaller front turn signal assemblies, which are definitely
pre-'73. '68 still makes the most sense to me. Is it possible that a
European version in '68 didn't have the hood emblem?