[T3] EMPI rear sway bar-report

Todd Heimer todd_heimer at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 14:55:39 PDT 2011

Here's some feedback on the EMPI rear anti-roll bar I installed today in my '68 squareback:

Installation was very easy - took about two hours.  Requires drilling two 3/8" holes in each frame horn to mount the bar clamps.  End links attach to the lower shock bolts.

Improvement in handling is definitely noticeable:
- less tail wag coming out of fast and/or S turns
- less body roll
- higher corning forces attainable

I don't have a fancy g-force meter to quantify the last parameter, but now the g-limiting factor is my butt sliding off the vinyl seat, rather than suspension or tire grip.

IMHO, it is definitely worth the $100 and 2 hr install.

Car specific specs:
lowered 2 notches in front, 1 notch in rear.
swing axle
stock size rims and tires
Z-bar was disconnected so as not to interfere with anti-roll bar

-Todd