[T3] VW Transparent Factory

charles tupper bbfn_o51951 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 02:55:41 PDT 2011

At least for German built US bound VWs ... 68 was the only year of the opening
gas door with the finger indentation.  The 2-tone paint option was popular in
Europe, not so popular in US.  Obviously, the discussion on the glass headlight
covers is done.  Of course it was 67 where the US spec VWs rec'd the sealed beam
headlamp without the cover, some Euro-bound VWs kept the glass cover for  a
while longer, I believe.  The non-German made sedans may have continued with the
non-locking gas door (obviously cheaper to build) ... so that is not a guarantee
that this is a 68 ... but that is a best guess based on the information we have
as US spec VW owners.

Charlie