[T3] Irish Mice

Cybernotchback cybernotchback at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 08:34:11 PDT 2011

From: Keith Park <topnotch at nycap.rr.com
>what a mess!  Its back to the mothballs next winter... I dont care how bad
they smell!

I've had the same experience with the soap, they WILL eat anything and everything if they are hungry enough.  Moth balls don't really work either at least in my experience.

The only thing that I know of that does work at getting rid of mice is the neck snapping mouse traps.  The new style "no touch traps" work too.  I know traps aren't for everyone and I personally hate to do it, but the mice are too destructive and messy.  If there is an alternate food source they will even learn to avoid the traps, (or at least the peanut butter and nuts on the traps).  As much as I've tried to seal everything up they still find a way into the buildings, (this year they dug out a crack and loose cement around the rocks on our stone porch).  Even our two tenacious terriers don't deter them either. Nasty little buggers.

Good luck!

John