[T3] A new T-34 owner?

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Mon May 16 00:25:19 PDT 2011

On May 15, 2011, at 10:40 PM, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> So John, did you get your new T-34 home yet? Does Jill like the color? Come
> on, don't keep us in the dark.

Since Bob outed us <G>.....I guess we can let you all in on the good news.

Ever since Jill attended the Michigan Invasion on 2008 and saw her first Type 34 Ghia she has lusted one.  Seeing Doug's at the 2010 Invasion only reinforced that desire.  This spring, things aligned budget-wise and we put the word out that we were looking for a Type 34 for her.  We watched the Samba, checked out a few leads from Lee Hedges, and then Lee came through with the car we bought.

The car is great.  As Bob mentioned we are getting it from the son of the original owner.  We have the original Georgia title issues in 1967!  The car was restored by the husband of the owner in the early 90s as a birthday present for her 75th birthday.

Here are some links to a few pictures.  These were taken by the owner's son.....we are still waiting for it to be shipped up from Georgia (which is making Jill crazy <G>).   Hoping it is here in time for a debut at the Michigan Vintage Festival next weekend.

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_Front.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_SV.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_RV.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_Carpet.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_Hood.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_Lid.jpg

The cars needs very little done to it.  We will tweak a few things and Jill will be driving it regularly.  We are really looking forward to having our own little caravan to the 2012 Invasion next year. <G>

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com