[T3] A new T-34 owner?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon May 16 12:53:14 PDT 2011

In a message dated 5/16/2011 3:18:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaransont3 at comcast.net writes:

On May  15, 2011, at 10:40 PM, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> So John, did you  get your new T-34 home yet? Does Jill like the color?
Come
> on, don't  keep us in the dark.

Since Bob outed us <G>.....I  guess we can let you all in on the good news.

Ever since Jill attended  the Michigan Invasion on 2008 and saw her first
Type 34 Ghia she has lusted  one.  Seeing Doug's at the 2010 Invasion only
reinforced that  desire.  This spring, things aligned budget-wise and we put
the word out  that we were looking for a Type 34 for her.  We watched the
Samba,  checked out a few leads from Lee Hedges, and then Lee came through with
the  car we bought.

The car is great.  As Bob mentioned we are getting  it from the son of the
original owner.  We have the original Georgia  title issues in 1967!  The
car was restored by the husband of the owner  in the early 90s as a birthday
present for her 75th birthday.

Here are  some links to a few pictures.  These were taken by the owner's
son.....we  are still waiting for it to be shipped up from Georgia (which is
making Jill  crazy <G>).   Hoping it is here in time for a debut at the
Michigan Vintage Festival next  weekend.

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_Front.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_SV.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_RV.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_Carpet.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_Hood.jpg

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/Web_Lid.jpg

The  cars needs very little done to it.  We will tweak a few things and
Jill  will be driving it regularly.  We are really looking forward to having
our own little caravan to the 2012 Invasion next year.  <G>

Sorry about that John. I just found out yesterday, while looking thru T34
World, and saw the little paragraph or 2 that Lee Hedges wrote. I was hoping
you  already had it home, and was detailing it out. Didn't mean to steal
your  "thunder", but it sure looks like a nice car, and I think Jill will
really enjoy  it.

Yes Brian, I am a little jealous. He didn't have to completely tear his
down, and go thru it before he could drive it. : )

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)