[T3] Movin' On....

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon May 16 14:20:35 PDT 2011

Well done on making it to retirement, Jim.  I took the easy way out in 2002,
though as you probably worked out I only turned 65 this Spring.  Having
nearly killed myself with all the long distance travelling that first
summer, through a blood clot in a lung, keep exercising your legs and toes
when sitting, if you're not driving!  You're a different build to me, so
probably won't have the same risk of DVT anyway.  I found retirement gave me
time to help others more...  The VW club, aviation museum, youth aviation.
You need the human contact as stimulation.  The other thing that helps is
that you take more time over things - well, I do!

We are celebrating 25 years of our VW club this year, as well as 50 years of
the Type 3. After quite an effort of organisation, we got over 50 Type 3
Fastbacks, Squarebacks, Notchbacks and Razor-edges together at the Stanford
Hall VW meeting.  At the end of June (23-26) several of us are travelling to
Wolfsburg in our Type 3s to join the German Typ3.de club in their
celebrations.   Anyone coming from the other side of the pond?  Anne and I
are camping near the factory - there's loads to see as well as the cars.  I
expect there will be reserved parking at the Autostadt Exhibition site.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club