[T3] Oil - the proof is in the pudding

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Mon May 16 18:52:46 PDT 2011

At 05:59 PM 5/16/2011, you wrote:

>About 35,000 miles.

I'm at 6 years, ~35,500 miles on this 1776 build... now looking like
it has serious cam and/or lifter damage. At the very least you might
want to half your valve check intervals, and get some ZDDP in there.
I just bought a 5-pack of ZDDPlus on eBay for $39.95 shipped, so shop
around... Amazon's prices were considerably higher when you add in
shipping. I've got a '65 Cadillac and a '76 Winnebago (Chrysler 440)
to feed as well as the square, so I'm going to be using lotsa ZDDP
from here on out. I don't drive the Caddy much but I don't even want
to think about the potential damage I've done to the 440, which was
rebuilt in 2007 and already has ~30K brutal RV miles on it, without a
drop of zinc. <sigh>

Dave