[T3] ~35K engine teardown... suggestions?

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Tue May 17 17:56:01 PDT 2011

At 05:42 PM 5/17/2011, you wrote:
>I might add to replace your valve guides and exaust valves now too, they are
>only good for 60-70K anyway.

Thanks for the tip. Exactly what I was looking for. :)

>If your cam looks good, don't be too hasty to
>tear the whole thing down... look into this farther, like a pulling head or
>rocker stud somewhere... you should be able to find the culprit with light
>digging.

When they pulled the #3/4 head to find out what bent the #3 exhaust
pushrod they were expecting to find some obvious issue within the
head/valve/seat but found nothing... hence the mystery. The clearance
issues followed and continue, adding to the mystery. I'm going in
tomorrow to go over everything again with them before making a
decision so we'll definitely check the head(s) and rocker studs
before going further. Thanks again,

Dave