[T3] ? Mystery of the Clacking Valves ?

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Wed May 18 18:28:51 PDT 2011

At 06:41 PM 5/18/2011, Dave P. wrote:
>Anyhow; Isn't what David Y. is explaining here (valves going so far out of
>adjustment so quickly) a scenario that one would see when the head studs are
>slowly pulling out of the block?

The #1/#2 head hasn't been pulled or inspected so far, so this is a
possibility, but the studs were tight on the #3/#4 side where the
pushrod bent (and then torqued correctly when the head was put back
on... and the problem persist) so I assume the pulling would then be
happening on both sides. I dropped it off today and work begins
tomorrow AM, so I'll call and ask them to double check this first.

>David Y.; do you have case savers installed in this block?

I can't imagine the builder doesn't religiously use them, but I'm not
%100 sure. I'll add that to tomorrow's "to do" checklist. Thanks!

Dave Y.