[T3] Leaking Oil!!

Toadpipe the.toadpipe at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:12:05 PDT 2011

On 05/18/2011 09:58 PM, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 18 May 2011 at 16:42, John L. Morgan IV wrote:
>
>> Got to the parking lot today, and there was a puddle under the car.
>> Oil!
> Park it warm in a fresh spot and let it idle while you watch. You can
> tell a lot by where the oil comes off the engine. There really are
> very few possibilities, so it's easy to narrow them down.

I started having oil leak troubles last year also, the trouble wound up
being the oil cooler itself.  It had apparently, due to heat I believe,
misshapen itself enough to develop a few small drips that just got
bigger.  The tell tale sign was the small and actually hard to see
puddle that was forming under it.  The local VW shop actually sold a
replacement for really cheap and was a snap to install.  That fixed it,
so might be a good spot for you to take a look at.  You may need to
remove the cover if yours has one to check.