[T3] Leaking Oil!!

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri May 20 02:44:34 PDT 2011

Clean oil close to the rear tyre sounds more like the transmission if it's
actually oil, but it would have to be swing axle rather than CV drive
shafts.  Otherwise, the only thing I can think is that it's brake fluid.

If it's clean oil, and going over the engine case it might be the
transmission rear seal.

My engine doesn't leak clean oil, but does admit to a bit of dirty oil
sometimes (most do that).

Dave (Hall).
UK VW Type 3&4 Club