[T3] jim's correct distributor

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon May 23 13:50:25 PDT 2011

Sad for Joplin, and various States recently, but why is everything BIGGER in
the USA?

When we were at Hershey for the invasion, the side road to our accommodation
had been hit by a tornado the week before - just concrete platforms where
the houses had been, and wrecked buildings along its path.  We get excited
here when we have a tornado - it may knock down some chimneys and rip tiles
off a roof, but that's about all.  That size of tornado probably wouldn't
even make the local news in the USA.

Even the winds here are usually moderate, gusts to 60mph are unusual.  We
had a day like that yesterday, then about 2am last night when it was calm,
and I was hoping to get to sleep, there was an almighty splintering noise
and a huge crash.  Fearing it was one of our boundary trees falling into the
road, I dressed again and scrambled down to the bottom of the garden through
nettles etc to find a neighbour's 2-foot diameter ash tree completely
blocking the main road.

By 4am the chainsaw gang had cut a way through so the 44-ton artics could
continue their journeys, and I've now got a pile of good burning logs to saw
up and split for next winter!  It's an ill wind indeed that blows nobody any
good.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club