[T3] turn signal assembly broke. HELP!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue May 24 20:25:12 PDT 2011

In a message dated 5/24/2011 8:06:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kensue356 at cableone.net writes:

Anybody,

Please help!!!  My turn signal assy is  broken.  It's off the steering
column
now.  I please need a  another one to replace the one that is broken.

I need one in good  working order.  My vw is a 71 squareback.  I cannot
drive
it  anywhere in that condition.  The ball bearing, springs, and  grounding
brass metal straps all came out of its housing.  Plus  something from the
assy went flying across my garage as it fell out. The  plastic is cracked in
two pieces.  It's junk.

Who can  help,  where can I get a good working one?  ASAP!   Thanks.

Find a 72 unit, separate the wiper assembly from the turn signal switch.
Then use the turn signal mounting sleeves (4 tube shaped pieces) from the old
71  unit in the 72 unit. re-install.
I've done this mod to several 71's and a 70. It works, and uses cheaper
available parts. I still haven't figured out another use for the 72 wiper
switch. ;^) So far, it just becomes spare parts that you give to a late bug
guy.  :p

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)