[T3] Rocks in a tin can sound

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri May 27 20:04:43 PDT 2011

On 27 May 2011 at 19:01, crash 69 wrote:

> This was done as a Cal look (sort of) a few years ago, so it's got a hotter
> motor (guessing around 2 liter) with dual Weber 44 idf carbs.
>
> You're right about the messiest.  I've been wanting to replace that short
> hose anyway.  I've replaced all of the other soft fuel lines.  Let's assume
> there is a strong stream, then what?  I want to be prepared.

If you've got a strong stream there, then the gas to that point is
okay. It could be something about the fuel pump, where gravity feed
thru the pump with a full tank was filling the carbs as the car sat,
but then they emptied once the engine started.

I don't know that much about carbs, so I'm guessing here. You need
help from a carb person, but there are also ignition problems that
can work for a few minutes and then peter out (coil going bad, etc.)

Any chance this is still the OG coil? They last forever, unlike the
fancy ones that cost lots and don't work any better.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org