[T3] lowering question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 28 06:36:06 PDT 2011

On 27 May 2011 at 20:49, David Fox wrote:

> I need some information or a link to a site that will show me the distance that
> will change on each spline.

The Bentley manual will tell you how many teeth there are at each end
of each torsion bar (inner and outer are different.) Divide 360 by
that number; that tells you how many degrees you get for each tooth.

Measure the length of the trailing arm, from center of the torsion
bar to the ~center of its ball joint. Divide that length by 57.

Multiply that number by the number of degrees to get the approximate
change in height.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org