[T3] body side moldings

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat May 28 07:06:59 PDT 2011

In a message dated 5/27/2011 9:34:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kensue356 at cableone.net writes:

Hello  Grouppe,

I am looking to buy body side moldings for my 71 type  3 squareback.  Who
is
a good supplier of this part.  6  pieces is all I need.  Stainless steel or
aluminum?

Which is  better? Which is preferred?  It has no side markers.  ISP is  too
much.

They might be more expensive, but they're the only ones offering them in
stainless steel. They also fit the OE clips. Also, there are 8 pieces in  any
of the kits (3 per side upper, with 1 lower). By the way, the CIP kit's
lower trim doesn't fit the clips. BTDT. I have the ISP kit on 3 cars here  (in
stainless), and I love it. Well worth the extra money, and it can be
polished, unlike the aluminum trim, which is anodized. It's also more  resistant
to dents. Just my 2 cents.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)