[T3] Movin' On....

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon May 16 08:00:24 PDT 2011

Well, I've finally made the move. I've had my 65th birthday and last
friday was effectively my last day at work. I'm retired! I'm happy to
have done it, but just a little uncomfortable about not having
someplace to go 5 days a week. The good news is that I no longer have
a five-day-a-week commitment. I still have my office to clean out and
a few loose ends to clean up, but I have until June 30 to get that
done. For now, I'm using up accumulated vacation.

In the meantime, I've got work around the house to do, I hope to
increase the amount of Type 3 rebuilds I do here, and I plan to get
out on my bike and lose the 20 lbs I've put on in the last 20 years.

I can't help wondering if it's still gonna be hard to fill all this
"spare" time I now have. The one thing on the immediate horizon is
the Detroit Type 3 celebration next sunday. Normally I couldn't
consider traveling to something like that, but now it's a
possibility.

Is anyone else from this part of the country planning to drive there?
Would you be interested in caravanning?

Also, I'm looking for someplace to stay. If I come, Melissa will be
with me, so we're looking for a motel that's near the event or a
spare bed that would be cheap. Either way works for us.

Okay, I just went to the web site and see there is a host motel. I'll
try that unless I get a better suggestion. Anyone know if they're
still accepting reservations?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org