[T3] Fuel Gauge [was Progress Thanks to P.A.]

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:30:53 PDT 2011

This reply reminds me of something I meant to ask.  Jim fixed my fuel sender
unit and all has been well for months.  However recently, I noticed that the
gauge will sometimes display completely different values from one drive to
the next.  I found that tapping on the gauge will settle the needle back to
where I was expecting it to be.

Is this a grounding issue at the gauge, an internal issue with the gauge, or
just how these gauges have always worked ;)  ?

Thanks,

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback