[T3] ? Mystery of the Clacking Valves ?

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Sat May 14 09:46:34 PDT 2011

I feel like this comes up a few times a year and every time I wonder if I
shouldn't be using a different oil.  I generally watch the conversations and
inevitably someone will say, as long as you change the oil often you are
fine.  So I walk away feeling ok about my non-ZDDP oil.

However I did see for about $10, a ZDDP additive that comes in a small
bottle.  I would be willing to do that at oil changes if folks felt that it
could very well help the life if the engine and certainly not hurt it.  $10
a few times a year is cheap insurance.

I come at this with no background on engines.  I just inherited my Fastback
in a non-running state and have gotten it to be a daily driver by learning
along the way.

I'd love to know if this ZDDP additive is worth it.  Here is one like I am
talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002RNBO3U/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1

Thanks,

- Bryon, '71 Fastback