[T3] zddp

mark witwicki witwicki at telusplanet.net
Mon May 16 17:52:53 PDT 2011

Read this and then decide on an oil that suits your needs

http://www.lnengineering.com/oil.html

"The Brad Penn Penn Grade 1 Racing oil is the same "green" oil everyone was familiar with back when Kendall GT was the best motor oil money can buy, as both the original and this newer product both come from the same facility using genuine Pennsylvania crude. These oils are proven to protect cams, rockers, lifters, and all valve train components as well as provide superior rod bearing life because of their very high HTHS viscosities AND low levels of individual detergents to net a high level of detergency with the use of Ca, Mg, and Na synergistically. Just ask anyone about the "green" Kendall oil from decades past and you'll know why we like it so much. Likewise for winter service, we run Brad Penn 10w40 API SJ."

GM or AC Delco EOS is an additive available at most Jobbers that will help if you don't have a source for Brad Penn.
 I run BP 10w30 in mine 3 seasons of the canadian year, it gets parked in winter because of the excessive use of salt they started a few years ago.
It used to be the city to buy used cars from because they never used salt until the late 90's, so there were a lot of nice older cars still rolling around the streets.