[T3] Movin' On....

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed May 18 19:59:40 PDT 2011

On 18 May 2011 at 20:54, David wrote:

> Congrats Jim! Ahhhhh, retirement........oops; I have a ~little~ ways to go
> before I can start dreaming about it.
> So many people retire with no plans or even hobbies to occupy their minds;
> but that's not you Jim! I'm thinking you will STILL find there are not
> enough hours in your day ;-)

Sometimes I think I'm still dreaming, but then I find that I'm at
home, and like you said, I'm still running out of time. I wanted to
drive a squareback to Dearborn this weekend, but my days have been
filled with postponed errands, plus it's been raining here. It's
really hard to get a car ready in the rain. So I spent part of today
resoldering my laptop motherboard. It's alive again!!!     ;-)

So..., the better part of valor was to take the Jetta instead. No
spare parts to carry and no worries about reliability. Bonus: it will
use half as much gas.

Double Bonus: John J. says his Type 34 will be in Dearborn on friday,
so John and Jill will drive it, and Melissa and I get to drive Sophy.

John, does the new Type 34 have a name yet?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org